Friday, November 9, 2007

Welcome to My Blog and Website www.DianaAnsley.com

Wow!! I have to thank an interesting man and his wife who I met on a train to Philadelphia. I first noticed him on the platform when his panama hat blew off his head. Then as he meandered down the car, he greeted people as he went. I was headed on the first leg of my trip to Monhegan, Maine for a long awaited painting trip with my childhood friend Alexandra Tyng and Philadelphia artists Eliza Auth and Nancy Bea Miller. My painting supplies were in my lime green backpack with my four foot metal easel bungeed to the back of it and I was pulling my daughter’s hot pink rolling suitcase. I must have been a sight!! We struck up a conversation and I mentioned that if I got a website up, I would send them the address. The man looked at me and said “Well if is a pretty big word.” I didn’t think much of it at the time, but it “stuck” in me and gnawed at me until I was determined it would happen. So welcome!

2 comments:

Nancy Bea Miller said...

What a great story Diana! Welcome to blogsville!

Unknown said...

The website looks great! I love the painting of the Claremont. I can't wait for some paintings of Maine in the winter. Keep it up!
JA